Here are links to some of the materials mentioned at our session today on the GMO issue at the Hawaii Agriculture Law Conference:
- The Kauai ordinance, Bill 2491.
- The Kauai Mayor's veto message, which included the privilege-waived memorandum of law detailing the legal problems with the measure.
- The County of Hawaii's Big Island) Bill 113.
- New York Times: A Lonely Quest for Facts on Genetically Modified Crops.
- Also from the NYT: A Race to Save the Orange by Altering its DNA.
- White v. City of Elk River, No. No. A12-0681 (Minn. Dec. 4, 2013) ("grandfathering," non-conforming uses).
- Why groceries cost more in the Bay Area (San Francisco Chronicle).
- GMO Labeling Now Law in Connecticut (Well, Sort Of).
- GMO and "Natural" Food Fight: Treacherous Terrain.
- Hawaii's Right to Farm Act.
My co-planning Chair, Dave Bateman (a lawyer and a coffee farmer), speaking to the Conference.