35th Annual Advanced Course
Thursday - Saturday, January 25 - 27, 2018
Francis Marion Hotel | Charleston, SC
Do not miss this popular conference! Intended for all eminent domain and land use practitioners, both experienced and those new to the practice. You can even customize the unique curriculum to work for you: freely go between the Advanced and 101 tracks, with additional tracks for Practice and Substantive law.
With a faculty of national experts who offer both condemnor and property owner perspectives, this is the big program, and the one you don't want to miss.
Recognized and experienced professionals representing the diverse stakeholders in these cases will discuss the issues hitting your desk today or in the future, including:
- Overlap of condemnation and regulatory takings: Murr and other blurred lines
- Takings and damaging by flood - case selection and other issues
- Identifying compensable damages in pipeline cases, and maximizing the potential recovery
- Condemnation of easements for railroad crossings and utilities
- Lucas 25 years later: property rights and global warming
Bonus feature: a screening of Little Pink House, the recently-completed feature film about the Kelo case.
And don’t forget about the ample networking opportunities. Connect with like-minded professionals and our top-rate faculty at a reception, luncheon, and fun social activities in the evenings.