We've posted a lot lately reporting on the 2016 ALI-CLE Eminent Domain and Land Valuation Litigation Conference, recently held in Austin. We have a couple of more posts for you before we turn to other things. Here is the first, a run-down of the blogs of faculty members, and others we were in the audience. If your blog is missing from this list, email me the link and I will update the post to include it.
- Dalton-Tomich's blog on land use, RLUIPA, and related issues has this post: "Five Land Use Issues We Learned in Austin."
- Neil Olsen publishes the Oregon Condemnation Law Blog, where you can follow along on the critical events and decisions coming out of the northwest.
- Steve Streck from Wisconsin publishes "The Preeminent Domain."
- Rick Rayl and Brad Kuhn (among others at the Nossaman firm) author the California Eminent Domain Report.
- Mike Faherty publishes the Eminent Domain in Pennsylvania blog.
- Charles McFarland's blog on Texas eminent domain.
- More from Texas: Justin Hodge's updates.
- Michael and Joshua Rikon's Bulldozers at Your Doorstep (New York)
- Alan Ackerman's National Eminent Domain Blog.
- Follow along with Matthew Bryant's "Map Act" cases in North Carolina here.
- Thor Hearne's Federal Takings.
- Our Toronto expropriation colleague Shane Rayman writes about property issues in the Great White North here.
- Dwight Merriam's RLUIPA Defense blog.
- Mark Murakami writes about surf and turf at hawaiioceanlaw.com (he's posted his slides from the Conference there, also).
- Tony Della Pelle and Tom Olson write at New Jersey Condemnation Law.
- Professor Ilya Somin blogs (extensively) at Volokh Conspiracy (at the Washington Post)
- And, of course, Gideon Kanner's blog, Gideon's Trumpet. For the first time in decades, Professor Kanner wasn't with us at the Conference in-person. But he's always there in spirit.
As always, send your suggestions to us about the 2017 conference, also.