We haven't had time to write up our thoughts about today's unanimous Supreme Court opinion in Horne v. U.S. Dep't of Agriculture, No. 12-123, but to tide you over until then, here are the initial reports on the case:
- Does the Supreme Court's "raisin" case foreshadow the Koontz decision? - Brian Hodges, PLF Liberty Blog.
- About Those California Raisins ... - Gideon Kanner, Gideon's Trumpet.
- A Modest But Potentially Significant Supreme Court Victory for Property Rights - Ilya Somin at Volokh.
- Opinion recap: Much more than raisins? - Lyle Denniston at SCOTUSblog.
- Supreme Court orders new hearing for California raisin farmers - David Savage, LA Times.
- Horne Fails to Squeeze the Juice out of Williamson County Ripeness Doctrine - J. David Breemer, PLF Liberty Blog.
- Government's Legal Arguments Shrivel on the Vine - Ilya Shapiro at Cato.
- Court Reverses Ninth Circuit Raisin Takings Clause Opinion - Professor Ruthann Robson, Constitutional Law Prof Blog,
- Justices kick raisin farmer's takings claim back to appeals court - Jeremy Jacobs, Greenwire.
- Unanimous Supreme Court Allows Raisin Farmers to Challenge New Deal-Era Farm Control Law - Damon Root, Reason.
- Supreme Court: California raisin growers can challenge marketing rules - Michael Doyle, McClatchy.
- The Government's Raisin Brand - Wall St. Journal (subscription may be required).
As more come it, we'll add them.