What we're reading today:
- Illinois casinos to have eminent domain power? - "Illinois Senate Approves Granting Eminent Domain Power to Casinos" - via Eminent Domain and Real Estate Blog.
- "Eminent Domain hurt black families" - an op-ed from the Knoxville, Tennessee paper by Robert Booker.
- "Battle of the Beach" - about the choices facing Jersey Shore towns in the aftermath of Sandy: "Offer 'blighted' areas to big developers or risk a slow decline. Residents worry about losing their homes." Via the Wall St. Journal.
- In another Sandy-related story, "Toms River Mayor Says He May Use Eminent Domain to Get Protective Sand Dunes."
- Compare these two stories: "Bay Area firm's idea to life underwater homeowners to positive equity loses steam" (Sacramento Bee), and "Eminent domain could be used in battle against foreclosures in Richmond" (Contra Costa Times).