For those who listened in to the just-concluded "Recent Developments in Eminent Domain" teleconference, thank you. Here are the links to the cases and briefs that we discussed that were not included in your written materials. Also, click on the link above to order the audio CD of the program if you missed out.
- The D.C. Court of Appeals' follow up opinion in Franco.
- Are interlocutory public use determinations immediately appealable? Some courts say no. Others say yes.
- Despite "complete vindication" after "an abuse of the condemnation process," the property owner is denied fees and costs.
- More on the California Supreme Court's opinion validating the legislature's elimination of redevelopment agencies. Follow the issue at the California Eminent Domain Report.
- Cert denied in just comp case, but the issue will return, we're certain.